Innovation Challenges (ECIU) is all about solving real-life problems in multidisciplinary and international teams. You will learn about developing user-based solutions, utilizing multidisciplinary expertise and a whole bunch of valuable working life skills like critical thinking, creativity and successful teamwork.
This course is built to follow the design thinking process for innovation in practice and relies on self-guidance, a cornerstone of challenge-based learning. From the broad topics given by external clients, teams will form their own challenges based on their interests and real needs of the community.
Innovation Challenges (ECIU) is an international version of our own Innovation Challenges, which means that the course is open for learners in 14 different ECIU-universities around Europe, but we also hope to see learners from Tampere Universities!
Learners will influence the learning outcomes they achieve by setting their own learning objectives and forming their own challenges. In addition to learners’ individual learning outcomes we have listed certain learning outcomes that will be common to all of thoser who complete the course by applying team learning methods and the design thinking process.
Upon completion of the course, you will:
- understand the design thinking principles in the context of an innovation project;
- be able to test ideas with different target groups;
- be able to consider the user perspective when resolving challenges;
- be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary and international team;
- be able to challenge your own thinking and trust your team;
- receive feedback about your strengths, competencies and expertise;
- be able to pitch your solution in English.