- is able to plan and implement surgical nursing safely
- works professionally and ethically
- puts patient safety at risk
All given material and literature for surgical nursing course
All material given by the teachers during the skills lessons
Will be updated before the orientation ( with theory orientation)
Participation in teaching and learning in the skills class rooms.
Due to COVID19 pandemic situation some learning/teaching might be online.
100 % active participation.
To pass this course a student should:
- participate in all three meetings, 100% participation
- being an active participant and take part in all activities and given tasks within the given timeframes
- it is mandatory make pre-task criterias before the skills meeting and submit them to Moodle one day prior the lesson
- professional behaviour during the lessons
30.08.2021 - 13.12.2021
11.05.2021 - 21.09.2021
Nancy Kamau, Johanna Kangaspunta
Participation in surgical nursing and parenteral fluid therapy and blood transfusion courses before this course. Contents of the lessons:
- surgical wound care
- surgical dressings, bandages, stoma care, care for a patient with a tracheostomy (P3-class room: masks required)
- surgical patient's parenteral nutrition and hydration, central venous catheter (Skills Center/Taitokeskus, masks required)
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
1 ECTS is 27 hours students' work.
3x 4h meetings and individual study.