- knows the most common diseases and aging changes of elderly people
- is able to list ethical principles in nursing care for elderly persons
- understands the basic principles of an elderly person's housing and care environment
- is able to list the basic elements of interaction with a person having a memory disorder.
- knows the evidence-based nursing methods for the care of the most common elderly people’s diseases and knows the specifics of the aging process in the nursing of elderly people
- understands the ethical principles in nursing care for elderly people
- is able to take into account the factors related to the housing and care environment of the elderly person and his family, and is able to justify the appropriate support methods
- is able to describe and justify the elements of a good interface with people having memory disorders.
- is able to apply evidence-based knowledge in nursing methods for the treatment of the most common diseases of elderly people and is able to understand the specifics of the aging process in the nursing of elderly people
- is able to carry out ethically the care of elderly people
- is able to apply methods that support the housing and care environment of the elderly person and his family in a purposeful and multidisciplinary way
- is able to work in his/her team as an expert in gerontological nursing
- is able to implement and develop the interface with a person with a memory disorder, holistically in his/her environment.
17.04.2021 - 30.05.2021
11.01.2021 - 05.04.2021
Katja Hautsalo, Heidi Valtatie
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing