The detailed schedule and teaching material are available in TABULA
1. Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach with Modern Physics and MasteringPhysics™: International Edition, 3rd/E or later
Randall D. Knight, California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
2.Harris Benson, University Physics
or Young&Freedman, University Physics
3. Technical Formulas, Tammertekniikka, 2002 or later
4. This plan, the detailed schedule and other material is available in TABULA
exam|series of lectures
- Examination contains two mid-exams , each max 30 points/mid-exam, passing level is 6p/mid-exam, total points are 30 p + 30 p = 60 p
- Exercise sets, max 30 points, passing level is 6p.
- The sum of total points consist of two mid-exams and exercise sets (30 p+30 p + 30 p = 90 p)
- During the lectures it is possible get extra activity points from specials tasks completed by the small group. This kind of tasks will be organized randomly during normal lectures.
- In addition to that a special work, sound measurements in the class room will be organized. The participation and reporting (in pairs) of the work is mandatory.
- For the grade 1 the sum of the exam and exercise points has to be at least about 40% of the maximum points i.e 0,40*90 p = 36 p.
- The grade 5 could be achieved approximately by 90% of maximum points i.e. 81 p
Participation to class lectures is highly recommended
Participation to exams , exercise review and class laboratory(Sound measurements) is compulsory
Absence in the review classes of exercise sets will affect the points ( see above).
26.08.2019 - 22.12.2019
03.06.2019 - 15.09.2019
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Software Engineering
Will be informed in the beginning of the course
Lectures, exercises, demonstation, class laboratories and feedback about 60 h
Independent study about 60 h
Presentation of course plan and Introduction
Overwiew of electricity, magnetism and electromagnetism
The electric field
Capacitors and dielectrics
Electrical current and resistance
Sources of magnetic field
AC power production
Overwiew of oscillations and waves
Harmonic oscillation and resonance
Sound and intensity level
Sound measurements (class laboratory work)
Absorption, emission, laser, x-rays
Knowledge of the most essential phenomena and related quantities and units regarding to course topics. Capability to analyse qualitatively and quantitatively simple cases related phenomena similar with discussed examples
In addition, capability to apply the principles to new situations. Fluent usage of the terminology and models in presentations of justified qualitative and quantitative analyses of phenomena.
In addition, versatile ability to analyse phenomena qualitatively and quantitatively realizing the limitations related to theories in use.