Lectures as pdf-files.
Lectures and excercises.
Attendance, activity, technical and express level of the exercises.
19.08.2019 - 30.08.2019
12.08.2019 - 19.08.2019
8 - 16
Antti Haapio, Juha Suonpää
Media and Arts
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Media and Arts
INTRODUCTION TO FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY / IM00DS12-3001 / AUTUMN 2019
Teacher Antti Haapio
Senior Lecturer of Photography, firstname.lastname@example.org, 050 560 6643
MON 19.8. at 10 – 16 (Class 20061)
• Start of the course: aim, content, timetable, evaluation criteria
• Borrowing DSLR-cameras from AV-storage
• Control of the DSLR-camera
• A basic photo technique and expression lecture
• Brief for a photo exercise 1: Self-portrait; concentrate to an ambient light and a depth of field
• Brief for a photo exercise 2: Milieu portrait of a friend; concentrate to a person and how you present her/him
• Brief for the main exercise: Diptych or Triptych (Sketch for Art Work). Take two or three images to a completeness and give a title to your Art Work. We will print images in size ca. 20x30 or 30x40 cm.
TUE 20.8. at 9 – 11.30 and 13 – 15 (Class 30015)
• Downloading files
• Presentation to Photoshop application (and Bridge shortly)
• Uploading small jpeg files into a Tabula implementation
• Quickly checking / some comments for portraits (= exercise 1)
WED - THU
Self-contained working with exercises, possibility to meet the teacher
FRI 23.8. at 10 – 15 (Class 30015)
• More about Photoshop application (at 10-12)
• Notes for printing with laser devices and Epson large format printer (at 13)
• Basics about a color management (at 13)
• Quickly checking / some comments for milieu portraits (= exercise 2)
MON - WED
Perception and Contemporary Art Method courses
THU 30.8. (Class 20053, 30015 for editing)
• Printing and individual feedback for main exercise of the course by Haapio (separate timetable)
Under 80 % attendance in contact teaching, weak course exercises.
At least 80 % attendance in contact teaching, active working, expressive and technically suitable exercises.
Full or at least 80 % attendance in contact teaching, very active working, brilliat exercises in the express and techinical point of view.
Very few attendance and no course exercises done.