- is able to plan and implement surgical nursing safely
- works professionally and ethically
- puts patient safety at risk
All given material and literature for surgical nursing course
All material given by the teachers during the skills lessons
Participation in teaching and learning in the skills class rooms.
Due to COVID19 pandemic situation some learning/teaching might be online.
100 % active participation.
To pass this course a student should:
- participate in all three meetings, 100% participation
- being an active participant and take part in all activities and given tasks within the given timeframes
- it is mandatory make pre-task criterias before the skills meeting, and show them to the teacher at the beginning of each meeting
- professional behaviour during the lessons
26.10.2020 - 22.11.2020
26.09.2020 - 25.10.2020
Pienryhmä 1 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Pienryhmä 2 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Pienryhmä 3 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Johanna Kangaspunta, Sanna Laiho
Participation in surgical nursing and parenteral fluid therapy and blood transfusion courses before this course. Contents of the lessons:
- surgical wound care (online)
- surgical dressings, bandages, stoma care, care for a patient with a tracheostomy (P3-class room: masks required)
- surgical patient's parenteral nutrition and hydration, central venous catheter (Skills Center/Taitokeskus, masks required)
Emergency Care, Midwifery, Public Health Nursing
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
1 ECTS is 27 hours students' work.
3x 4h meetings and individual study.