- knows the basic principles of mental health promotion and the prevention of mental health and substance abuse problems
- identifies key problems in mental health and substance abuse care and primary health care interventions
- knows the importance of using and developing his/her own professional personality
- knows what is meant by an approach that supports rehabilitation
- identifies key psychiatric diagnoses and medical treatment methods.
- is able to intervene in mental health and substance abuse problems and assess the need for treatment
- is able to apply knowledge of the problems of mental health and substance abuse
- is able to apply basic care methods in primary health care
- is able to apply an approach that supports rehabilitation
- recognises the psychiatric diagnoses which are assessed and treated in primary health care and is familiar with their medical care
- seeks and utilises evidence-based knowledge in his/her work
- knows the basics and specifics of medication treatment in mental health and substance abuse care.
- is able to assess the patient's needs for treatment according to the severity of the symptoms and the patient's resources, taking into account the patient’s family and network
- knows the main medication used to treat mental disorders
- identifies the most important substance abuse psychiatric diagnoses and their treatment methods.
Check suitable parts, you can find these two online e-books from Library, just be at tuni-net so they are available
-Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing : An Interpersonal Approach
Rogers, Vickie L.; Fitzpatrick, Joyce J.;Jones, Jeffrey S. New York : Springer Publishing Company. 2012 (USA)--> newer 2017 is even better, you can use it.
-Introduction to mental health nursing . Wrycraft, Nick.2009 (UK)
Let´s Talk About Children
Mielen ry materials:
And other materials which are showed during lessons
Lectures, team work, small group work, individual tasks, experience expert visits
09.08.2021 - 01.10.2021
10.07.2021 - 08.08.2021
Sirja Seppänen, Mielenterveyshoitotyö Tiimihenkilö, Johanna Vilppola, Anne Kivimäki
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
Orientation mandatory 19.8. and nursing care plan - task lessons 13.9. mandatory. Experience expert visit 6.9. mandatory. Small group work attending mandatory. 22.9 Exam mandatory
Exam 22.9.21. mandatory
1.Psychiatric nursing ( 1-5) (22.9.2021)
2.Psychiatry (approved/failed) (22.9.2021)
3. Psychofarmaca (approved/failed) 5 questions (in the Moodle)
Retakes at Exam at October (week 41) and November in Exam-studio.