Student's knowledge of nursing science and evidence based practice are weak and without explanations.
Student's knowledge of nursing science and evidence based practice are structured.
The student is able to assess nursing using the concepts of nursing scientific.
His/her own reflection on nursing science and evidence based practice are consistent and applicable.
First four articles and NINR document are about nursing science and where it is heading for.
Last two articles are reviews, the aim is that you get familiar with reading reviews.
1) Fawcett, Jacqueline. “Thoughts About Nursing Science and Nursing Sciencing Revisited.” Nursing Science Quarterly 33.1 (2020): 97–99. Web.
2) Jairath, N. et al. “Theory and Theorizing in Nursing Science: Commentary from the Nursing Research Special Issue Editorial Team.” Nursing Research 67.2 (2018): 188–195. Web.
3) Barrett, Elizabeth Ann Manhart. “Again, What Is Nursing Science?” Nursing Science Quarterly 30.2 (2017): 129–133. Web
4) Gephart, Sheila M, Mary Davis, and Kimberly Shea. “Perspectives on Policy and the Value of Nursing Science in a Big Data Era.” Nursing Science Quarterly 31.1 (2018): 78–81. Web.
1) Webster, Natalie L. et al. “Using Technology to Support the Emotional and Social Well‐being of Nurses: A Scoping Review.” Journal of Advanced Nursing 76.1 (2020): 109–120. Web.
2) Schmidt, M. and Uman, T. (2020), Experiences of acute care by persons with mental health problems: an integrative literature review. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/jpm.12624
NINR Strategic Plan: https://www.ninr.nih.gov/newsandinformation/publications/strategic-plan (not translated)
Independentely studied course, assignments in pairs.
There are 6 articles to be read as well as National Institute of Nursing Research (NINR) Strategic Plan (pages 10-35). Read documents (2 credits)
1) Discuss with your partner what nursing science has meant to you, has it changed and what does it mean now. Make a mindmap or a timeline of your thoughts.
2) Make a synthesis/essay of the read articles and NINR document by answering a question 'what does this mean to you as a future nurse?' Use references adequately but do not describe read documents in this synthesis. The maximum length of the synthesis is 2 pages + cover page and reference list page, done in pairs.
Return mindmap and synthesis to the Moodle course: Nursing Science in Past and Now by 23th of May 2022. (not translated)
11.04.2022 - 05.06.2022
26.01.2022 - 11.04.2022
0 - 39
Numeric evaluation (not translated)
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
Deadline for completing the course: 23.5.2022. (not translated)
Reading and studying materials (2 credits)
Writing the synthesis (1 credit) (not translated)