- is able to plan and implement nursing safely
- works professionally and ethically.
The student puts patient safety at risk.
Ergonomics skills station " Safe work Instructions ":https://dhs.sa.gov.au/services/disability-services/safe-work-instructions
Material provided for Infection control, Daily Activities in Nursing and Clinical Nursing Methods-courses, virtual hospital- learning environment.
Skills stations, Skills tests, written pre-tasks, Independent study and practicing, Virtual hospital, Occupational safety -task
All prep tasks done before skills stations.100% active participation in all skills stations. All tasks to be completed. Approved skills tests. Approved portfolio.
01.09.2020 - 20.12.2020
24.08.2020 - 18.10.2020
Pienryhmä 1 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Pienryhmä 2 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Pienryhmä 3 (Size: 13. Open university: 0.)
Nancy Kamau, Annukka Isokoski, Sanna Laiho, Laura Hilden
Information may be further modified until the orientation of the course.
100% participation in all contact classes is mandatory
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
Skills tests according to timbetable anounced in orientation.
Forms and dates of retake announced later.
Total of 108 hours including independent studies.
Skills stations in small groups as follows:
- orientation 2h
- 1 x 4 h Ergonomics
- 7 x 4 h Skills stations at school
- skills tests and wholistic nursing practice 6+8h
=48hours of contact lessons
Independent practice (in itsetila (P-building)) documented in portfolio.
- pretasks before Skills stations forming up the portfolio, virtual hospital, infection ward (digimedia.tamk.fi) and occupational safety
Parts to be completed:
skills stations: 100% participation is mandatory
1. hygiene and aseptics
2. bed wash, care of bed patient
3. Nasogastric tube, elimination
5. Postmortum care
7. assesment of patient circulation, blood pressure
8. Breathing, suctioning, oxygen treatment
9. Skills test I (blood pressure, pulse)
10. Skills test II (urinary catheter, N-G tube, suctioning)
11. Portfolio containing all pre-tasks
12. Infection ward ( Virtual hospital MEDIANSA)
13. Occupational safety task