- is able to make a structurally intact, illustrative, case style and understandable problem-based text, in which the argumentation is convincing and diverse
- participates in the discussion of personal curriculum
- participates in the tutorial lessons and actively plans her/his own studies
- is familiar with the operational practices of the central professions in social and health care and the principles of their regulatory oversight.
- is not able to write the text according to the guidelines of TUAS's written communication
- does not plan and implement his/her own personal study plan and does not study actively
- is not familiar with the essential tasks and responsibilities of the social and health care professions
- does not know the legislation regulating the social and health care professions.
- is not familiar with the supervision by authorities in the social and health professions.
ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses 2012
Finnish Nurses Association: Nurses' Collegiality Guidelines 2014
Finnish Nurses Association: Ethical Guidelines
NMC's Guidance on Using Social Media Responsibly
The National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics ETENE's " Ethical Grounds for Social and Health Care Field"
Regional State Administrative Agencies http://www.avi.fi/en/web/avi-en/
National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health https://www.valvira.fi/en/web/en/front-page
Act on status and rights of patients 785/1992 https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1992/19920785
Act on health care professionals 559/1994
Act on health care 2010/1326
Other material provided by teachers
Tutor teacher’s sessions, peer tutoring, individual and group development discussions, lectures, info sessions, workshops, seminars
Approved completion of the given tasks and submission according to timetable.
10.08.2020 - 31.01.2021
10.06.2020 - 01.09.2020
0 - 20
Johanna Kangaspunta, Mervi Kastari, Taina Peltonen
In this course, we use Moodle platform for sharing materials and communication. The platform will stay in use for class and tutor communication
Portfolio must be submitted one week prior to individual discussion time.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
Active participation in Seminar on laws and ethics. Test during the seminar: pass/fail
15.9.20 Test will be open in Moodle 21- 27.9.20, 1st retake week 44 in Moodle
Portfolio submitted according to timetable
Essay for Written communication submitted according to timetable.
Part 1: Written communication 1 credit
Part 2: Development of expertise 1 credit
Part 3: Central Legislation and Regulations and Professional Conduct 2 credits
4 credits =4x27h = 108hrs of student's work
Written communication: 3 x2h, workshops 1x2h (every group attends one writing workshop). All mandatory attendance- Information changed 14.8 according to information gained from Writing course teacher
Information/ Data search 2h
Tutor teacher's sessions. 1x monthly 2h ~10h
Guidance discussion 1h
Central Legislation and Regulations and Professional Conduct classes 12 h online lessons
Orientation week: Online and upon arrival to Finland
27h + Orientation week 3x8h=24h = 51 contact/online hours
57 hours of independent work
The student completes all the tasks and participates in teaching and guidance.
The student does not complete all the tasks and does not participate in teaching and guidance.