- is able to make a structurally intact, illustrative, case style and understandable problem-based text, in which the argumentation is convincing and diverse
- participates in the discussion of personal curriculum
- participates in the tutorial lessons and actively plans her/his own studies
- is familiar with the operational practices of the central professions in social and health care and the principles of their regulatory oversight.
- is not able to write the text according to the guidelines of TUAS's written communication
- does not plan and implement his/her own personal study plan and does not study actively
- is not familiar with the essential tasks and responsibilities of the social and health care professions
- does not know the legislation regulating the social and health care professions.
- is not familiar with the supervision by authorities in the social and health professions.
ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses 2012
Finnish Nurses Association: Nurses' Collegiality Guidelines 2014
Finnish Nurses Association: Ethical Guidelines
NMC's Guidance on Using Social Media Responsibly
The National Advisory Board on Social Welfare and Health Care Ethics ETENE's " Ethical Grounds for Social and Health Care Field"
Regional State Administrative Agencies http://www.avi.fi/en/web/avi-en/
National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health https://www.valvira.fi/en/web/en/front-page
Act on status and rights of patients 785/1992 https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1992/19920785
Act on health care professionals 559/1994 https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1994/19940559
Act on health care 2010/1326 https://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/2010/20101326?search%5Btype%5D=pika&search%5Bpika%5D=terveydenhuoltolaki
Other material provided by teachers
Tutor teacher’s sessions, peer tutoring, individual and group development discussions, lectures, info sessions, workshops, seminars
100% presence,approved completion of the given tasks and submission according to timetable.
01.08.2020 - 17.12.2021
02.07.2020 - 13.09.2020
Pienryhmä A (Size: 20. Open university: 0.)
Pienryhmä B (Size: 20. Open university: 0.)
Annukka Isokoski, Taina Peltonen, Ella Hakala
In this course, we use Sharepoint-Teams platform for sharing materials and communication. The platform will stay in use for class and tutor communication
Portfolio must be submitted via tabula one week prior to indivudual discussion time.
Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing
TAMK Main Campus
Active participation in Seminar on laws and ethics. Test during the seminar: pass/fail
Portfolio submitted before individual tutor session, and by 19th December (completed version)
Essay for Written communication submitted according to timetable.
4 credits =4x27h = 108h
Written communication: orientation (mandatory) 1x2h, workshops 4x2h (every group attends one writing workshop)
Data search 2h
Tutor teacher's sessions. 1x monthly 2h ~10h
Guidance discussion 1h
Central Legislation and Rregulations and Professional Conduct classes 12h
27h + Orientation week 3x8h=24h = 51 contact hours
57 hours of independent work
Part 1: Orientation to profession
Part 2: Written communication
Part 3: Laws, norms and professional conduct (not translated)
The student completes all the tasks and participates in teaching and guidance.
The student does not complete all the tasks and does not participate in teaching and guidance.