This course aims at enabling students to operate effectively in culturally diverse business environments and equipping them with relevant skills for multicultural projects. Students will acquire skills and competence to comprehend diverse communication patterns and other forms of diversity based on different levels of culture that exist in various multicultural contexts. One key aspect of the course is the study of the influence of culture on consumer behavior so that students can examine how company adapts to international market diversity. Students will have an overview of cross cultural management, multicultural projects and project teams and task and process strategies for managing multicultural teams.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
- have an overview of cross-cultural management and multicultural project teams and on task and process strategies for managing multicultural teams
- appreciate intercultural management as an inter-related system in which a number of interdisciplinary tasks are coordinated and aligned with overall strategies
- have interpersonal, intercultural communication, teamwork and presentation skills required in multicultural teams and cross cultural tourism business projects
- value cultural diversity as an asset in projects and draw benefits from it
- act as a team member in a multicultural project team in the field of tourism business.