Management of Organisations 3H-314-3020 01.08.2019-31.12.2019 5 cr(18LIKOr2)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course explores leadership tools from the viewpoints of enterprise resource planning, quality management and human resource management. Furthermore, this course acquaints students with the special characteristics of organisational management.
After completing the course students will be able to
- recognise the importance of quality management
- know the basics of quality management tools (EFQM, ISO 9001)
- perform a successful development discussion as a superior and subordinate
- implement an effective employee introduction process
- understand and recognise change management phases and challenges
-perform purchase and sales processes in SAP R/3
- recognise the benefits and possibilities of ERP systems in business operations.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. year studies or similar skills and knowledge.
What is quality in organisational activities?
What are the tools and models of quality management?
What is the meaning of vision and strategy in organisational management?
How to create a learning organisation?
How to motivate personnel?
How are business processes supported by enterprise resource planning systems?
What are the basic functions of SAP R/3?
How are business transactions integrated with financial management in resource planning?
Language of instruction
01.08.2019 - 31.12.2019
10.06.2019 - 02.09.2019
Tiina Wickman-Viitala, Tuula Niemi, Jyrki Ala-Myllymäki