This course is an introduction to practices of international trade and to legal framework in international trade transactions. This course consists of two parts A. Practices of International Trade and B. Introduction to International Law and Contracts.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
• Describe the contents and requirements of international offers and invoices.
• Define the terms of delivery (Incoterms) and know how to use them.
• Explain and describe the main international payment methods and key documents in export process.
• Explain how to use customs clearance in foreign trade.
• Know the basic concepts of contract law and contract terms commonly used in international agreements.
• Identify situations where CISG applies and what the basic obligations of a seller and a buyer are under CISG.
• Know what a breach of contract means and the possible remedies for a breach of contract.
• Know the differences between common dispute resolution mechanisms.