Introduction to Marketing 2 3B00DV89-3002 21.10.2019-31.12.2019 2 cr(19IB6, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course is an introduction to modern business marketing. It introduces basic marketing concepts, theories and language with a focus of understanding the role and the needs of the customer in consumer business and business-to-business marketing.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge about the significance and role of marketing
in business management.
• Describe the value creation process for customers by understanding
• Demonstrate knowledge of modern marketing mix in theory and
• Write a marketing plan.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
Introduction to Marketing 1
• What is modern multichannel marketing?
• What are examples of doing advertising, PR; personal selling and sales
• How to do direct, online, social media and mobile marketing?
• What is sustainable marketing?
• How to write a marketing plan for a business and create website contents?
The student can recognize and define the basics of modern multichannel marketing and marketing mix. He/she can use the basic terms and can define the principles of marketing. The student can perform the given tasks assisted. The student takes responsibility of his/her own work and can work in a group.
The student applies modern multichannel marketing and marketing mix in marketing planning accordingly and solves the problems associated with it. The student participates in the teamwork and classes actively contributing to the outcome with his/her knowledge. The student can cooperate responsibly and is ready to develop his/her interaction skills.
The student understands the concepts and principles of marketing extensively. The student is able to conduct fluent and reasoned marketing plan and has good capabilities to apply the learning. He/she assesses diverse solution alternatives in marketing planning. The individual contribution in the class and team has been especially active. The student works responsibly and in a committed manner.
Language of instruction
21.10.2019 - 31.12.2019
16.09.2019 - 15.10.2019
Mari Helenius, Mika Jokinen
Unit, in charge
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business