Introduction to Experience Economy 3B00DV87-3002 01.08.2019-20.10.2019 2 cr(19IB6, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Selling goods and services is not enough in modern economy. There is a need to consider the extra value of business supply by designing holistic, multisensory experiences for customers. Tourism is a typical business sector to implement experience economy characteristics and benefit from it.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
• Understand and identify the nature and the characteristics of experience economy.
• Comprehend the characteristics of tourism business
• Apply theories of experience economy, tourist motivational factors and tourist typology in business planning
• What is experience economy about and how can we recognize it in modern world?
• What kind of a phenomenon is tourism and what are the main types of tourism business?
• How to apply the characteristics of tourism phenomenon in business planning?
The student can recognize and define the basic concepts of the experience economy in the context of tourism. The student is able to discuss and consider some characteristics of the experience economy. He/she can work in a group and take responsibility on his/her own work.
The student is able to explain, compare and apply the theories of the experience economy and tourism. The student can make plans, solve problems, and choose an appropriate course of action. The student can take responsibility and commit to the group activities in addition to his/her own work.
The student can generalise and analyse extensive entities and relations between the concepts and theories of the experience economy. The student can search for diverse courses of action and solution alternatives and assess these alternatives. The student can cooperate responsibly, flexibly and constructively and develop his/her own and the group’s interaction.
Language of instruction
01.08.2019 - 20.10.2019
10.06.2019 - 01.09.2019
Unit, in charge
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business