Introduction to Marketing 1 3B00DV81-3001 01.08.2019-20.10.2019 2 cr(19IB1, ...)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course is an introduction to modern business marketing. It introduces basic marketing concepts, theories and language with a focus of understanding the role and the needs of the customer in consumer business and business-to-business marketing.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
• Demonstrate knowledge about the significance and role of marketing
in business management.
• Describe the value creation process for customers by understanding
• Demonstrate knowledge of modern marketing mix in theory and
• Write a marketing plan for their business.
• What is marketing and what do marketers do?
• How to create customer value and experience?
• How to analyse marketing environment and collect marketing information?
• What are products, services and brands?
• How to do pricing?
The student can recognize and name the basic concepts of marketing. He/she can use the basic terms in a correct way and can define the principles of marketing. The student can perform the given tasks assisted, and work in a team and take responsibility of his/her own work.
The student is able to make a marketing plan accordingly. The student can select the most appropriate course of action from diverse options and justify his/her choice. The student has participated in the teamwork and classes actively contributing to the final outcome with his/hers knowledge and ideas according to the peer evaluations. The student can cooperate responsibly and is ready to develop his/her interaction skills.
The student understands extensively the concepts and principles of marketing. The student is able to conduct a fluent and reasoned marketing plan and has good capabilities to apply the learning. The student combines different solution alternatives creatively or creates new ones. The individual contribution in the class and team has been especially active. The student cooperates responsibly, flexibly and constructively.
Language of instruction
01.08.2019 - 20.10.2019
10.06.2019 - 02.09.2019
Mari Helenius, Mika Jokinen
Unit, in charge
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business