This business planning course provides both basic theory and hands-on guidance to business planning. Primary objective is for students to learn the basics of business planning (1st period) and be able to create such a plan (2nd period) for a virtual company.
After completing the course, the students will be able to:
• Understand the structure of a typical business plan
• Describe the purpose of each element of the business plan
• Apply basic business planning principles for the virtual company
• What is the importance of a business plan?
• What are the business idea, mission and vision of a business?
• How to define value proposition for different customer segments?
• How to position your own business in the market and gain competitive advantage?
• How to frame an opportunity and draft a business model?
The student can name the core elements needed for starting a company, the stages of a start-up process and the core concepts of business planning. He/she is able to draft a viable business idea and give and receive feedback related to business planning. The student can collaborate in a small group on business planning tasks and take responsibility of own studies related to business planning.
The student is able to explain the core elements needed for starting a company, the stages of a start-up process and the core concepts of business planning. The student is able to draft a business idea by applying the entrepreneurial approach, and give and receive constructive feedback related to business planning. He/she takes responsibility of his/her own studies and group work related to business planning
The student is able to analyse systematically what is needed for business planning of a start-up company and use additional and recent sources to extend knowledge of business planning. He/she is able to justify the credibility of the business idea. The student commits himself/herself to own studies and group work related to business planning.
Name of lecturer(s)
Language of instruction
01.08.2020 - 18.10.2020
02.07.2020 - 31.07.2020
Unit, in charge
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business