Tourism marketing course focuses on customer-oriented marketing of tourism products and services. The aim is to learn skills needed for planning and implementing tourism marketing and for using a multitude of integrated marketing mix tools for various target groups, business environments and situations.
After completing the course, students will be able to:
• Understand the special features and tools of marketing tourism products and services.
• Analyze factors influencing tourism marketing and be familiar with planning, implementing and monitoring marketing in the field of tourism.
• Apply tourism marketing strategies, planning principles and integrated marketing mix tools for various target markets, business environments and situations.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
• What are customer needs and requirements for tourism products and services in consumer and business-to-business markets?
• What are the special features, elements, tools and processes of tourism marketing?
• What do the decisions of integrated tourism marketing mix and branding include, how is the value chain created and how is planning and implementation of tourism marketing done?
• What kind of media and technological solutions exist for interactive marketing of tourism products and services and what online business possibilities offer for tourism marketing?
• How to draw up a marketing plan for diverse tourism businesses?
Name of lecturer(s)
Language of instruction
19.09.2019 - 28.11.2019
10.06.2019 - 01.09.2019
0 - 40
Unit, in charge
Bachelor's Degree Programme in International Business