Social Pedagogy as a Work Orientation 7S00EL36-3005 01.01.2020-31.07.2020 5 cr(19AVOSOP)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- are aware of the multi-disciplinary and diverse aspects of social services
- can explain the historical development and theoretical traditions of social pedagogy and social work
- are familiar with different approaches to social work and social pedagogy
- understand the significance of social work and social pedagogy in society
- can explain the importance of social pedagogy in early childhood education and social work
- can explain the significance of social pedagogy in client work
- The historical development and theoretical traditions of social work and social pedagogy
- Preventive, rehabilitative, communal, and structural social work
- Pedagogy of the oppressed, socio-cultural motivation
- Social pedagogy in early childhood education, civic education, and social work
- Community, inclusion, dialogue, and functionality as principles of client work
Describes and knows the basic ideas, concepts and practices of social pedagogical orientation.
Student is able to explain the starting points and significances of social pedagogical work and approach in social work in a versatile and comprehensive way. Student is able to analyze social reality and work by using theoretical consepts of social pedagogy.
Student is able to create a holistic and theoretically grounded understanding of social pedagogy and is able to critically analyze one's own work approach and social reality.
The student has not completed all areas of the course.