On this course students will learn about the professional business communication in working life environment. European Framework of Reference for Languages B1 level.
After completing the course students will be able to
- tell about their personality, education, work experience, tasks and duties at work by using professional Swedish
- meet customers’ needs when servicing the customer base and communicating with interest groups
- follow and participate in the development of their field by using different ways of communication (media, conferences, literature).
What can the student communicate on his/her competence and working life environment in the target language?
What kind of qualifications does the student need to succeed in multicultural customer-based interaction in the target language?
How can the student develop his/her competence and acquire business-related information in the target language?
- is able to tell about themselves (education, work experience, skills) briefly and introduce the basic information of a company, product and services
- communicates in expected written work life situations, but requires help
- interprets and produces the most common business life communication situations (e.g. e-mail)
- recognises the characteristics of the Nordic operational environment
- interprets the main points of publications of their field of study.
- is able to tell about themselves (education, work experience, skills) and introduce a company, product and services fairly effortlessly
- communicates fairly fluently and actively in expected written work life situations
- is able to interpret and create common business documents (e.g. memo)
- takes into account the characteristics of Nordic operational environment
- utilizes the publications of their field of study.
- is able to fluently introduce themselves (education, work experience, skills) as well as company, its products and services and to analyse key figures
- communicates naturally and fluently in various, even challenging, written work life situations (e.g. creating and maintaining customers)
- is able to interpret and create business documents in a manner suitable to the target audience
- can work successfully in the Nordic operational environment
- can utilize, apply and analyse publications of their field of study.
The course is failed if the student does not reach the level 1 of the evaluation criteria.