Graphic Communication 3H00DP18-3001 01.04.2020-19.05.2020 5 cr(AVOINAMK)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course focuses on the design of graphical communication and the basic use of graphic design programs.
After completing the course the students
- know about the basic use of Adobe's CC Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator software
- are able to design and implement publications for both print and web use
- are aware of the effectiveness of graphic communication and target group's communication
- are aware of the technical framework of the final product, both for the Internet and for printing
- understand the use of the file formats in different software.
Prerequisites and co-requisites
2nd year courses or equivalent knowledge.
What is graphic communication?
How is graphic communication planned and implemented in different channels?
How are publishing and related software being used within the technical framework?
The student is able to produce a graphical end product using mostly one computer software. They are able to name different technical conditions and visual effects. The student is able to archive the material used appropriately.
The student is able to design and implement a graphic end product. They are able to take into consideration the technical conditions and visual effects of the selected medium. The student knows how to use basic computer software and understands the benefits of sharing different programs. They are able to archive the material used and document the various stages of the work.
The student is able to design and implement the graphic end product, taking into account the technical conditions of the selected media. They are able to choose the right computer software for their work and use various software together fluently. The student uses creative visual effects creatively and appropriately. They are able to logically archive the material used and document the various stages of the work.