Communication in Multicultural Business Life 3H-316-3019 13.01.2020-31.07.2020 5 cr(18LIKOr1)+-
Learning outcomes of the course unit
During the course students learn to communicate in multicultural environment. Students can choose either Expertise in English for BBA Studies (3 cr) or Swedish for Working Life (3 cr). Students deepen their oral language skills in diverse working life situations and learn about working life customs.
After completing the course students will be able to
- act in different business life situations appropriately and in a way that promotes good working atmosphere
- write informative texts in a formal style and produce documents in a specified form
- show expertise in interaction dynamics
- consider multicultural aspects
- show expertise in organisational communication and pay attention to it in their own work
Swedish for Working Life
After completing the course students will be able
- to operate in general oral communication situations (negotiations, phone, presentation, small talk situations)
- to communicate interactively by taking account of the situation and other people
- to be familiar with the organisational culture and manners of the target language
Prerequisites and co-requisites
1. year studies or similar skills and knowledge.
What is meant by organisational communication?
What are the main principles of organisational communication?
What are the most important objectives of organisational communication?
What skills are necessary in order to communicate successfully in multicultural environment?
How do students communicate orally in general communication situations at work?
How do the organisational culture and manners affect oral communication?
Why do we need specialised terminology in certain situations?